Monday, April 20, 2009

Blast Off! Radio PRIMETIME: One lump or two?

NOTE SPECIAL TIME FOR TODAY'S SHOW: 7pm EASTERN

Last week I was just a sucky blogger with a webradio show. This week, I'm a sucky blogger with a webradio show and a video that got some air time on teevee. Really, not much difference.

And indeed, longtime listeners (both of you) will continue to enjoy all the same snark and all the same substance that you've come to dread expect from Blast Off! Radio. (Only difference is that once again, I must change the show's time today from its traditional 4pm slot to 7pm Eastern, due to my travel schedule. Thanks for understanding.)

Of course, we'll talk at some length about the Great Teabaggers' Balls (the events, I mean, not the anatomy), both specifically with regard to the video but also more generally: what kind of impact, if any, have the teabaggers had? Is it at all embarrassing to have drawn nationwide attendance significantly below that of, say, the Million Man March (and perhaps approaching that of three typical college football games)? And most importantly, have the teabaggers' scrotums healed yet? I hear the chafing can be a bitch ... maybe we can ask the Pensacola Republican Club president about that?

There has been other news as well, and we'll talk about that, too. How about the indictments of former Florida House speaker Ray Sansom (R-you surprised?) and Northwest Florida State College president Bob Richburg? Hey, Bob, if you lie down with pigs, better be ready to get dirty, know what I mean? We'll also discuss the latest torture revelations and try to figure out who thought that the 183rd waterboarding of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed would have any different results than the previous 182 times. And we'll make even more fun of Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R-Brylcreem), whose threats to have his state secede from the U.S. have made him and his hair even more of a laughingstock than before. (You want different presidents? Fine -- be my guest!)

As usual, your calls, chats, and emails make the show work, so please make plans to join me tonight at a special time, 7pm Eastern. Here are the deets for my peeps:

TIME: 7:00 pm Eastern TONIGHT
Call in number: (646) 716-7543

But if anyone calls and asks me, "What's Keith Olbermann really like?," I'm cutting your mic! I mean it!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

<< Home