We get even more email
Never a dull moment at Blast Off!, as more and more people are drawn inexorably to its suckiness. This is true of those on the Right as well, for whom this blog is becoming like a beacon of ... no, wait, actually it's more like a bug lamp, and the wingnuts are pesky mosquitoes. ZAP!
Here comes another
Li'l Mikey dropped me a little note this morning that reads as follows:
Your liberal nonsense is great for conservatism..Uh, gee, thanks, Dad.
I happened upon your site and will certainly use it to promote
intelligence and conservatism
keep up the good work.. however you might want to lighten up on the curse words as you're probably irritating liberal parents as well.. as pushing them and other liberals to the right in search of common sense and propriety..
best regards,
M
Yes, you read it right: other than the obligatory Fox-News-talking-point simplicity of "liberals bad, conservatives good," the only thing Mike could think of to say was to criticize my language. Yeah, mighty giving of you there, Mikey, to have such concern for "liberal parents." I, however, do not share your concern, because we liberals hardly would go to the side of Dick "Dick" Cheney, Larry Craig, and Rush Limbaugh in search of "common sense and propriety" ... which I might add, Mikey, are words that don't mean what you evidently think they do.
Thanks, though, for planning to use my blog to "promote intelligence." I'm flattered, really I am. But as for promoting conservatism, though, I presume you mean in the sense of what a selfish, anachronistic ideology it is. You know, Mikey, William McKinley isn't president anymore. Yes, your time in the sun was around 1900, a time to which your ilk would like to turn back the clock (and, I might add, a time many of your older, landed gentry devotees recall fondly -- for instance, John McCain, who I believe was in high school around then).
As for 2009, perhaps you've forgotten that you lost. A significant majority of Americans rejected your ideology, your party, and your misbegotten ideals. Mikey, I hate to break it to you, but even GOP leaders recognize that their (your, I presume?) side is in a heap o' trouble. You've been subjugated by the Christianists, the racists and bigots, the secessionists, and the ludicrous teabaggers, and because of that, you're being marginalized right out of existence.
But, by all means, Mikey, promote away, and keep on writing. Oh, and I'll do my best from now on to watch my fucking language on my own shitty blog.
ZAP!




















<< Home