Obamarama: the next president of the United States
Obama's speech is one as a statesman ... I'm reminded of other famous speeches in American history by presidential candidates, and I believe this one has the potential to carry a great deal of weight and be remembered for many years to come. I am struggling with the desire to report his words to you while still wanting to hear and comprehend what he is saying ... so forgive the quietude for the moment.
Obama has just promised an unshakeable commitment to Israel and maintenance of the Israeli-U.S. bond. He traveled to Israel two years ago, and there's no substitute for meeting the people and seeing the terrain for an understanding of how Israelis crave peace. "I pledge to make every effort to help Israel achieve that peace. I intend to strengthen Palestinian partners who ... support Israel's right to exist. I will work to achieve two states that can exist side-by-side."
Labels: Barack Obama, Israel, Obama liveblogging, personal




















<< Home