I'd like to thank the Academy ...
I'm reminded of that famous Onion headline (right) ... except this time, it's HOLY SHIT: BLAST OFF! WINS POST OF THE YEARI'm stunned and surprised and honored and humbled, all at once. The voters have spoken, and Blast Off!'s March post, "My Date With Debbie," took the prize for 2008 Post of the Year from the South Florida Daily Blog.
My friend Virgotex made an excellent point just now on Twitter. She said that the commentary on that post represents what political blogging is all about. And, indeed, that's why I do it. Sure, I try sometimes to be a little shocking or incendiary -- certainly uncivil -- but the point is to get people to think: about their positions on issues, about the consequences of ignoring political or governmental misconduct (viz., the last eight years in the White House), about life in Florida and what it's all about from one inferior blogger's perspective.
Anyway, I want to thank all the voters, and thanks especially to Libby for her kindness.
Congratulations to all the nominees -- it was an amazing group of posts representing a terrific year in the south Florida blogosphere. And thanks again for your support!
Labels: Debbie Wasserman Schultz, meta, personal, South Florida Daily Blog




















<< Home