Friday, October 10, 2008

Too stupid to breathe: Bennett Yeilding

Usually this Blast Off! feature highlights someone who is just dumb beyond all reasonable measure, like yesterday when Tim Henderson, whose parking lot was off-limits to Obama supporters, took the "honor."

Today, though, I'm not sure whether the honoree is stupid or just ignorant on an epic scale. Maybe you can help me decide ...

Take a look at this letter to the editor (fourth one down at the link) in today's Palm Beach Post:

As I seek information about each candidate for president, I have come to several conclusions. The most obvious is that The Post is for Barack Obama.

As to the attack on Sarah Palin, the Democrats should be embarrassed to tears. I think the American public sees in her an opportunity to have a voice in Washington. She is Mom, apple pie and USA all in one package. My only hope is that she doesn't let Washington change her, and I don't think she will.

BENNETT YEILDING
Okeechobee
Okay, Mr. Yeilding, first question: do you have electricity in Okeechobee? I mean, is that why you obviously haven't seen the poll numbers, the reports, the debates, for Christ's sake?! Because the truth is that Sarah Palin clearly is not ready for prime time. "Mom, apple pie and USA all in one package?" Holy shit, dude, I'll have what you're smoking ...

The "American public" actually sees in Palin a threat to basic American values: freedom from (as well as of) religion, a woman's right to choose, and even the right to have someone intelligent leading the country (which we've forsaken, to our detriment, for the last eight years). I don't know which "American public" you're looking at, but poll after poll indicates that the public doesn't trust Sarah Palin to "have a voice in Washington."

Some might call you ignorant, Mr. Yeilding, but ultimately I think you're just stupid. Either way, I agree that your heroine, the equally stupid-or-ignorant (or both) Sarah Palin, won't let Washington change her. Fortunately for the country, she'll never have that chance.

Labels: , ,

<< Home