Thursday, October 9, 2008

I hate when that happens

Did you hear about the poor guy in Tampa today who accidentally introduced Joe Biden as "the next vice president of the United States, John McCain?"

Here's the video:


Naturally, the Republicans jumped on the gaffe like Levi on Bristol -- never mind that the guy who made the introduction, former Republican Jim Pacillo, was recently laid off from his job at a bank. But after all, Republicans aren't exactly known for their empathy.

In a TV interview, Pacillo said he was all set to say "Joe Biden," but as he looked away from his notes, he saw the words "John McCain" (he didn't say where), and that's what came out of his mouth. I can identify with that -- I think of Huggy Bear every time I see the words "dessicated, goiter-ridden near-corpse."

Labels: , , , ,

<< Home