Friday, October 10, 2008

Protect Yourself from John McCain

I should have posted this a couple of weeks ago, but better late than never ...

Before I went off to Denver in August for the Democratic National Convention, regular Blast Off! commenter "D.P., Clearwater WingNut," my BRF*, asked me to bring him an appropriate souvenir from the Democratic National Convention. A couple of weeks ago, I finally remembered to deliver the gift -- or, more accurately, gifts -- I'd obtained for D.P., and I presented them at a brief ceremony at our pre-game tailgate party in Tampa before the Buccaneers took on (and defeated!) the Green Bay Packers.

I could think of nothing more appropriate than four condoms, packaged in pink and labeled, "Protect Yourself from John McCain (in this election)." Each one even bore a different message on the back -- or, I should say, rear -- of the package, describing Huggy Bear's lack of support for sensible sex education and a woman's right to choose.

Here, D.P. proudly displays his souvenirs from the DNC:

Let's see ... four condoms ... for D.P., that should be about three years' supply.

Anyway, congratulations, D.P., and enjoy the next eight years under President Obama's leadership! (And see you Sunday ...)

* Best Republican Friend

Labels: , , , , ,

<< Home