Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Liveblogging: Biden in Jupiter, photographic goodness

Yeah, it's not the "HOLLYWOOD" sign, but "VOTE" is a pretty important message right about now.

Rep. Ron Klein (D-Fla.) addresses the crowd.

Our very own "fire-breathing liberal," Rep. Robert Wexler (D-Fla.), fires up the audience before Biden's speech. (I was so fired up, I couldn't focus.)

My fellow Americans, behind me on the bleachers that in turn were behind the podium.

Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.) tells those assembled about his friends Barack and Joe (the senator, not the alleged plumber).

Sen. Nelson asked several other officeholders to join him, including (l-r) state Chief Financial Officer Alex Sink (mostly obscured), state Sen. Dave Aronberg, and Rep. Wexler. Not sure what Dave was doing to Wexler ... I don't think a "wet willie" would be very appropriate. (I keed, Dave, I keed!)

The crowd, now numbering around 2,000, anxiously awaits Sen. Biden's entrance.

And here he is -- the next vice president of the United States, Joe Biden! (Note the spring in his step -- he'll turn 66 next month. Compare with Huggy Bear, who at 72 doesn't walk so much as dodder.)

Sen. Biden brings out the signs in the crowd.

Firing us up ...

Six -- count 'em, six (blue shirt and white shirt on sidewalk were just walking by) -- protestors, outside the ballpark. I almost feel sorry for them.

On second thought, they have to live with their own stupidity, so no, I don't after all.

So, I'm sitting in a coffee shop near the ballpark where the rally took place, and in walks Sen. Nelson. Another woman there wanted his picture, and I offered to take one with her and the senator together. Then she asked me whether I wanted my picture with the senator, and I demurred, since I'm not the world's biggest Nelson fan (the senator, not the band ... well, not a fan of the band, either, actually). But he said, "Sure, why not?," so I figured, yeah, why not?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

<< Home