Tuesday, October 28, 2008

America's Wang™ is Campaign Central

One advantage to living in a swing state is that you see the candidates up close and personal ... a lot.

As I predicted after Barack Obama's visit to Miami last week, he's coming back to Florida. And this time, he's bringing friends with him, still encouraging Floridians to vote early.

Joe Biden is making a 48-hour swing through America's Wang™, where he visited New Port Richey, north of Tampa, last night, and this morning he was in Ocala. This afternoon, Joe will be in Melbourne, where I used to live (and where this sucky blog got its start), a bastion of wingnuttery nonpareil, but I'll bet the sane people in Brevard (sadly, too few) will turn out in force. I've been trying to persuade my ex-wife, who lives in Melbourne, to go and take our kids along for this historic event -- the location is very near her home -- but I don't know whether or not she can, well, swing it. (Pun intended.)

Meanwhile, tomorrow is a big day for both members of the Democratic ticket in Florida. Barack Obama will start off in Kissimmee with a very special guest: Bill Clinton. And Joe Biden heads farther south, to a rally in Jupiter tomorrow morning. The day closes with a big rally featuring Sen. Obama at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise.

Huggy Bear, for his part, will be traversing the state tomorrow as well, with appearances slated for Tampa, West Palm Beach, and Miami. Sorry, Huggy, I'll be too busy going to see the next vice president and president of the United States, but thanks for stopping by anyway ...

Yes, that's right. I'm planning to attend both the Biden rally in Jupiter and the Obama rally in Sunrise, and while liveblogging might be difficult, if not impossible, I'll be livetweeting as long as I can get a cell phone signal, so follow me and stay tuned.

Labels: , , , ,

<< Home