Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Liveblogging: Biden in Jupiter, part 4

Well, the rally is over, and Joe Biden gave his usual stirring, exciting speech. The man can motivate a crowd, I'll tell you that.

Final numbers probably around 2,000 in attendance, I figure. I am notoriously bad at estimating crowds, though, and that might be a little high. Still, those who were there were enthusiastic -- lots of dancing and singing along with the music before the speeches. I don't imagine there's a whole lot of dancing and singing at GOP rallies.

One piece of news -- at least it was news to many of us in attendance -- was that Biden announced that the Obama administration (if elected) would work to eliminate income tax for seniors who earn less than $50,000 a year. Eliminate it. What's more, they're going to try to get it so that those seniors don't even have to file a tax return. Now that's change we can believe in, my friends.

Pictures still to come ... including one of the six -- yes, six -- protestors outside the stadium. I yelled to them, "Hey, get three more and you could have a baseball team!"

Well, some people around me laughed ...

Labels: , , , ,

<< Home