Breakfast, the morning paper, and ... "Hype: The Obama Effect"?
The whackjob right-wing will stop at nothing to smear Barack Obama.
We've known that for a long time, but today brought the latest salvo. Included in the Palm Beach Post here in Florida, as well as in the Las Vegas Review-Journal and the newspapers in Ohio's three largest cities, Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati, Hype: The Obama Effect is "THE ONE MOVIE YOU MUST SEE THIS YEAR!," according to its feverishly fearmongering packaging.
A group called Citizens United reportedly has spent $1 million to distribute 1.25 million DVDs in the aforementioned newspapers just before Election Day, trying to stir up the racism and hatred and fear that it somehow believes lurks just beneath the surface of all of us who read those papers. I haven't opened the package nor viewed the 95-minute film -- although maybe I should, because people outside of the five lucky cities are being asked to pay $35.95 for copies of this dreck -- but the fact that Dick Morris is quoted on the packaging ("[Obama] is representative of the ultimate left of the Democratic Party") tells me all I need to know. This is a massive load of bullshit, and anyone with half a functioning brain knows it. And not just because Dick Morris lacks any vestige of credibility or integrity, but because Obama is anything but "ultimate left." Hell, I'd like him a lot more if he really were "ultimate left."
Clearly this DVD, which is, predictably, chock full of lies and disinformation, belongs in the trash bin along with that other load of crap An American Carol. But wait -- maybe I won't throw it out after all. I mean, if list price for the thing is $35.95, I'll bet some dumbass wingnut would give me $25 for it ... man, that's one expensive beverage coaster.
Labels: Barack Obama, Citizens United, Dick Morris, Hype: The Obama Effect, Palm Beach Post, wingnuts




















<< Home