So much for a progressive White House: Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff?
I don't know what made me hope -- no pun intended -- for a progressive slant to a potential Obama presidential administration. All the nice words about tax cuts and spending more on education and getting our troops out of Iraq and all that, well, it almost made me forget that as a senator, Barack Obama also voted to extend FISA and that ridiculous bail-out-the-CEOs thing a couple of weeks ago.
But I was reminded this morning that Obama really still is a centrist, and maybe not a very strong one at that, when I read that his team may have approached Rep. Rahm Emanuel (D-Ill.), chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), one of the key cheerleaders for the bailout, and a notoriously centrist (read: DLC) legislator, about becoming White House chief of staff in the new administration.
I suppose I should prepare myself to be disappointed now, so it doesn't hit so hard when President Obama surrounds himself with centrist sycophants and can't-we-all-just-get-along types ...
Labels: Barack Obama, Rahm Emanuel




















<< Home