Friday, August 10, 2007

Naugle-hyde?

Actually, he didn't hide, but Jim Naugle's much-ballyhooed (well, here on Blast Off!, anyway) guest hosting gig on Hate-Talk 850 WFTL didn't really come to pass today. It's just as well, because I was only able to listen to the last 15 minutes or so myself. (So much for supporting fellow talk radio folks, eh?)

Because of the tragic shooting death of a Broward County sheriff's deputy this morning, Hate-Talk 850 apparently spent most of Naugle's appearance covering the ensuing manhunt. During the time I listened, the host (I guess the Batshit Crazy Mayor was more of a guest-co-host than I expected) explained that they were not able to get to the key issues regarding the "homosexual community" (note the refusal to use the word "gay," because, of course, they're unhappy) due to the news coverage, but that they definitely would have Naugle back on the show another time.

I have to give Naugle credit for staying consistent with his message, though. In the roughly eight minutes of actual talk time I heard this morning, Naugle urged listeners to "pray for" the families of the slain sheriff's deputy (and another deputy shot earlier this week) no fewer than four times. That's one prayer request every two minutes -- an outstanding rate of Religious Right self-aggrandizement for any fill-in radio host, that's for sure.

So, stay tuned in the near future for Naugle II: Fundie Boogaloo. I may yet have my chance to piss off the Wingnuts of the Wang™ ...

Labels: , ,

<< Home