Wednesday, August 8, 2007

FBI targets Palm Beach County

You know your county is in deep shit when the FBI sets up shop there permanently:

The FBI is establishing a full-time, permanent public-corruption squad in Palm Beach County, after a series of criminal cases that brought down two county and two West Palm Beach city commissioners.

"We are putting resources where the crime is," said FBI special agent in charge Tim Delaney.

[...]

The announcement came Tuesday along with formal charges against former County Commissioner Warren Newell, who agreed to plead guilty to honest services fraud for abusing his position to siphon off close to half a million dollars through real estate deals involving the county.

"I wish I could say this is an isolated incident but it is not," U.S. Attorney Alex Acosta said. "Mr. Newell is now the fourth county commissioner charged with public corruption."
Well, under the Bush crime syndicate's "wingnut welfare" plan, I'm sure many of the four disgraced commissioners can find cushy spots in Washington, at least until January 2009.

Labels: , ,

<< Home