OMG! Meghan McCain can't get a decent date? WTF? LOL!
Apparently I've been living in a cave lately, because I didn't realize the 24-year-old daughter of Huggy Bear, Meghan McCain (right, with her dad), has been continuing to blog after the election. (I knew that she had a blog during the campaign, but I didn't realize it was still active.) Not only is she maintaining her own blog, though, she's also writing for The Daily Beast. But let's just say her output there is, um, not exactly F. Scott Fitzgerald.According to her latest post, poor little Meghan is facing some obstacles in her dating life:
Here's the biggest surprise: I am not only turned off by people who voted for Barack Obama, but I am also turned off by people that voted for my dad—or more so, obsessive supporters of my dad. Recently, over dinner, a guy started explaining his reasons for supporting President Obama during the election (I didn’t ask, I think the poor guy felt guilty) and I immediately found any attraction I had previously had dissipate. But same thing happens if a guy starts talking about all the reasons why my father should be president. I have the ultimate Catch-22 in post-election dating. So where does that leave me, and who exactly am I attracted to? Let’s just say I’m spending a lot of time writing and even more time with my girlfriends.I don't know about you, but I'm just breathless with anticipation for the next installment of Meghan's riveting series, "Why I Can't Get Laid."
[...]
But the real problem with men who voted for my dad is that I never know to what degree of a fan they are of his. Are they so extreme that they would date me no matter how much they may or may not like me just to meet my dad? Once I went out with a guy who said the food I had ordered was a “maverick choice” and proceeded to tell me, “Wow, straight talking must run in the family.” It’s like someone taking Lisa Marie Presley out on a date and singing “Hound Dog” in the middle of dinner.
(h/t RedWhiteandNews -- if you're not following it, you should)
Labels: John McCain, Meghan McCain, snark, Twitter




















<< Home