We get more e-mail
I don't know if this is legitimate or not, but if so, it's certainly troubling. I received the following e-mail today through my Blast Off! Radio e-mail address ... not sure if it's from a listener or someone who found it elsewhere:
Subject: DISENFRANCHISED AND WE'RE NOT TAKING IT WITHOUT A FIGHT!I replied as follows:
Message: IF HILLARY IS CHEATED OUT OF THE FLORIDA CREDITS AND THE GREAT PRETENDER, OBAMA, LUCKS OUT WITH THE POPULAR COUNT, WE WILL VOTE FOR JOHN MCCAIN IN PROTEST! SAD AND MAD IDEMOCRAT [sic] IN FLA,.
I'm not sure why you're writing to me, but I can't imagine why you would vote for McCain rather than Obama. Do you want "another 100 years" of war in Iraq, as McCain has promised? Do you really believe that Obama would be worse for America than what essentially would be a third Bush term? Are you prepared to give up freedom of choice after a President McCain appoints two new Supreme Court justices? Because that's what will happen if McCain wins.Doesn't anyone remember what happened in 2000 in large part because of "protest votes" in Florida for Nader? Can we afford to stand on principle this year when we're facing more Drunky McStagger-style government?
I appreciate your frustration, but please don't miss the forest for the trees. Surely you can see that Obama is light-years better than McCain, can't you?
Truly, I'm baffled about the vehemence of the anti-Obama sentiment by Clinton supporters. It's patently obvious to me, as an Edwards voter in the primary, that whichever Democrat wins the nomination, we are far, far better off with that person as president than with Huggy Bear. Yet it doesn't seem that obvious to everyone, does it?
We have less than six months to go before the election, and somehow during that time the Democratic Party, and Democrats everywhere, will have to coalesce around one candidate and one message. How are we going to change the minds of people like the e-mail writer?
I hope Sen. Obama can take a step in that direction beginning this week.
Labels: 2008, Barack Obama, email, Florida, Hillary Clinton, John McCain, Ralph Nader




















<< Home