Here comes Holy Joe
As I noted yesterday, Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Am Embarrassed By Him), the Last Honest Man, will be in town this week -- tomorrow, in fact -- stumping (or, should I say, jowling) for his BFF John McCain.
My friend Mark, a staunch liberal (even though he's supporting Sen. Clinton*), received the following invitation in his e-mail today and, understanding its important role in my ongoing effort to inform you, the voting public, about opportunities to make fun of whackjob wingnuts, he passed it on to me.
You'll have to click the image or click here to get the full-sized, more legible version (which itself is scaled down a bit from the original):

Let me help you a bit with the parts I've highlighted for your amusement:
As Mark, who is Jewish and very involved in the local Jewish community, said in his e-mail to me, "Thought you would be equally nauseated by this email as I was. ... It is SO distasteful to most Jews to see this stuff."Senator Lieberman will speak about issues of national security, Radical Islam, Israel and his endorsement of
Republican Candidate for President, Senator John McCain
[...]Seating is limited - RSVP is required for entrance at the Security Gate
Please be aware of arrival time due to entrance at Security Gate
[...]This event is a members only event. If you are not a member of the RJC, you’ll be given an opportunity to join by phone or at the door. RJC e-team memberships are free of charge.
Well, Mark, I am. In fact, I'm pretty much nauseated by anything Holy Joe says or does. Of course the man who waltzed through Baghdad's Green Zone wearing body armor and heavily guarded proclaiming how safe it was there would come to Boca and appear in a closed event at a gated community. Jeebus forbid he actually show his Droopy-Dog face in public. And I can't begin to describe how disappointed I am that I won't hear his riveting comments about "Radical Islam" and Israel.
And here I was all set to ask my neighborhood Publix whether they had any spoiled eggs or produce they wanted to unload ...
* I keed, I keed!
Labels: Boca Raton, Jews, Joe Lieberman, John McCain, south Florida




















<< Home