Sorry, I can't hear you ... my mind is boggling
I found the picture to the right (click image or here for larger version) while searching for pictures for the Daily Schadenfreude post below. It came from this blog, part of the Spokane (Wash.) Spokesman-Review newspaper.I don't even know what to say about this picture. I mean, it's offensive on so many levels ...
First of all, it demeans women of all political persuasions by treating them as objects of honor or derision based solely on their appearance. Of course, Rethugs have never been known for their consideration, sensitivity, or taste, but still ... it's disgusting.
Second, it fails to take into account the non-physical merits of the women pictured. Okay, I grant you that some of the women pictured may not be as "beautiful" physically as American society apparently demands that they be. But to ignore their other attributes, such as intelligence, compassion, and leadership is to deny them full recognition as people, which is unacceptable. Besides, the pictures chosen of the "ugly" liberals generally were selected to make them appear as hideous as possible, for effect. How unfair.
Third, they really think Coulter and Malkin are hot? What the fuck are they smoking? And you want hot liberals? How about Salma Hayek? Or Jennifer Garner? Charlize Theron, anyone? Jeebus, what about Jane Hamsher and Lindsay Beyerstein for that matter?
I mean, talk about hot. I'd hit any of them so hard, whoever pulled me out would be King of England. I mean, seriously, they're ...
Ahem. Sorry. I guess I got a little carried away there.
My point was that judging women based solely on appearance is unfair, inappropriate, and wrong. Let's leave it to Republicans to focus only on how a woman looks and not how she thinks or acts.
(That other stuff I said ... well, let's just keep that between us.)
Labels: Ann Coulter, beauty, Michelle Malkin, Republicans, women




















<< Home