Saturday, September 15, 2007

First views of D.C.

Sitting in Starbucks along Pennsylvania Avenue at about 9th St. NW, and preparing to meet my peeps at a nearby Metro stations.

The barricades are up, the police are out in force, and the "Support the Troops" wackos are everpresent and far more numerous than I ever anticipated.

Apparently the rally is continuing up by the White House, so I probably won't see marchers for about an hour. But so far it's all flag-wavers ... even saw a Swift Boat Vietnam Vets T-shirt on a large, bearded guy. I opted not to engage him in conversation ...

Ah, more Atriots just arrived ... watertiger and Culture of Truth are here! Holy shit - the world-famous Steve Simels just arrived and he's looking over my shoulder this very moment!

Fun and frolicking ... until we get thrown in jail, I guess.

Labels: , , , ,

<< Home