Thursday, August 16, 2007

How about another political test?

Okay, we've had some fun today with the Political Compass test. Now, via Lawyers, Guns and Money, you can take a test to see which presidential candidates' views most closely match your own.

You'll choose one or more key issues that are most important to you, then you'll be presented with a series of statements on each issue. You simply check off the statements with which you agree, and the site tallies your totals and then tells you with which candidates you agreed most (and least).

It's not foolproof, since the nuances of the statements and the lack of context make agreement hard to determine sometimes. Still, it was instructive.

I chose five topics: abortion, education, the war in Iraq, separation of church and state, and the "War on Terror"/homeland security. And here were my results:

9 statements agreed: Dodd, Edwards, Kucinich, Obama, Richardson
8
statements agreed: Paul (wtf?)
6 statements agreed: Clinton, Gravel
5
statements agreed: Biden
4
statements agreed: McCain
2
statements agreed: Huckabee
1
statement agreed: Brownback, Giuliani, Hunter, Romney
0
statements agreed: Tancredo, F. Thompson, T. Thompson
But for that weirdly (and somewhat disturbing) high showing by Ron Paul and the lower-than-expected agreement I had with Mike Gravel (I expected better, being a card-carrying Dirty Fucking Hippie), I'd say this is pretty much right where I figured I'd end up. So, at least I'm fairly consistent. (And thank Jeebus I didn't agree with Tancredo on anything. I'd have to deport myself or something.)

I'll go back and do some other issues another time. Maybe I can break that 5-man logjam at the top ...

Labels: , , , ,

<< Home