Friday, April 20, 2007

News and views from afar

Well, Internet access where I am is spotty and apparently limited to the front desk area. Preferring to be social (there's a shocker, huh?), I'm not hanging out on the laptop ... although I might not be able to resist all weekend.

But I'm watching Headline News (the English language choices are few), and I had to comment on two factoids I read in their crawl.

First, kudos to the Vermont Senate, which passed a resolution calling for the impeachment of Drunky McStagger and his boss, Dick "Dick" Cheney. How loud will the calls for impeachment have to be before the House of Representatives finally acts?

Second, did Dana Perino really say that Alberto "VO5" Gonzales is doing a "fantastic job?" That's unconscionable, and Dana has lost all credibility if that's true. She's nothing but a hack for the Bush crime syndicate, and if the media had any scruples at all (yes, I know they don't), they'd either boycott the White House pressers or pepper young Ms. Perino with a withering barrage of questions about why she persists in defending these criminals. They're the real evildoers, after all ...

More to come ...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

<< Home