Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sick, sick bastard: Fred Phelps plans to picket funerals of Virginia Tech shooting victims

This guy is so rancid, he doesn't deserve to walk freely in society. (And, no, I won't link to his site.)

Fred Phelps, leader of the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan., has announced that he and his minions will picket the funerals of those killed at Virginia Tech yesterday, evidently to claim that these people were struck down as God's retribution for society's tolerance of gay culture. Remember, these are the cretins who picket funerals of soldiers who died in Iraq and Afghanistan, for the same reasons. You know, God Hates Fags and all that shit.

I'm sorry. I would never advocate violence or hatred against anyone, but this truly goes beyond the pale (as if the protests at veterans' funerals weren't bad enough). Someone needs to intervene and make sure this guy never has another chance to spew such vile, vulgar vitriol again.

Labels: , , , , ,

<< Home