Monday, September 7, 2009

Blast Off! Radio today at 4:00 pm EDT: Taking deranged wingnuttery to the next level

In a litany of outrage over the last decade or so, this one may take the prize as the most outlandish, most nonsensical, most hateful campaign of idiocy I've ever seen from the radical right-wing loons. I'm talking, of course, about the rhetorical detritus that is these wingnut protests against President Obama's speech to schoolchildren tomorrow.

Yes, the Right has managed to embarrass the country yet again, this time by a systematic propaganda effort to label a president's speech as "indoctrination" and "socialist" -- they've even demanded that schools seek parental permission to allow children to listen to the president of the United States! And, this being the Wingnut States of America, many schools and districts are caving to the Glenn Beck-led crusade against patriotism and decency, either refusing to show the speech at all or allowing parents to insist that their kids be given an "alternate activity" during the address. Talk about polarizing a student body ....

I never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. And yet, this is the level to which the right-wing in this country has sunk: their abject fear and hatred of the Scary Black Man in the White House somehow makes it acceptable to hinder the entire public education system with their ludicrous claims.

Well, I have plenty to say about this lunacy, and I'll deliver the ranty goods in a truly epic way (if I do say so myself) this afternoon on Blast Off! Radio. And you're cordially invited to partake. Here are the details:

TIME: 4:00 pm Eastern TODAY
Call in number: (646) 716-7543

I want to hear what you have to say about all of this, too -- so please make plans to call in, chat, or otherwise participate. Hell, if you're on the other side of the ideological aisle from me, please feel free to tell me how far off I am on this, and how President Obama is only using this as a way to, à la Hitler, push his destructive agenda on the impressionable minds of our youth. Or whatever.

Oh, we may have time to cover some other topics, but I don't know. I'm feeling pretty ranty. Stay tuned, and buckle up ... this could be a bumpy ride.

(cross-posted at FPC Blog)

Labels: , , , , ,

<< Home