Saturday, May 30, 2009

At Jefferson-Jackson in Miami Beach

I'm trying my best to liveblog and livetweet the Florida Democratic Party's Jefferson-Jackson Day festivities in Miami Beach. It's easier at the moment to livetweet, because I'm in a session right now for the Florida Netroots Coalition, on whose board I serve. However, I'll work on catching up to things ASAP.

News out of the Netroots session: State Sen. Dan Gelber (D-Miami Beach) is "stepping back" from the race for the Democratic nomination for the U.S. Senate, in which he faces U.S. Rep. Kendrick Meek and North Miami mayor Kevin Burns. This is not a withdrawal, but it's an opportunity to evaluate the situation, at least as far as I can tell from Gelber's remarks.

State Sen. Dave Aronberg (D-Greenacres) has been considering running for state Attorney General, but he has not made up his mind yet.

Longtime Open Left blogger Matt Stoller, now a staffer for U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.), is here sitting next to me. His insights, obviously, are very helpful when it comes to a session on blogging.

More to come ...

UPDATE (11:02 am 5/30/09): State Rep. Luis Garcia (D-Miami Beach) said that I resemble disgraced former state House Speaker Ray Sansom (R-Destin). For obvious reasons, this does not necessarily please me. (I know he was teasing ...)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

<< Home