Sunday, April 5, 2009

Buchanan loves his tweeps ... as long as they're wingnuts

Not long ago, I saw on Twitter that the Florida Democratic Party's communications director, Eric Jotkoff, had been following xenophobic Rep. Vern Buchanan (R-Sarasota) there, but that the congressman had blocked him.

So, naturally, I started following Vern. Then, somewhat surprisingly, he followed me back with the following unnecessarily truncated direct message:

Thank you for the follow!Want to keep up w/other info from my office?Please add me on Facebook: Tinyurl.com/VernFacebook
How long until I get blocked, too? This ought to be interesting ... (Oooh -- plus maybe if Blast Off! follows him, he'll follow this sucky blog, too! Hilarity undoubtedly will ensue ...)

UPDATE (5:30 pm 4/5/09): Yep, now Vern is following me and Blast Off!, as I anticipated. There's really only one way to describe my glee at this development:


UPDATE (7:48 am 4/6/09): Okay, well, that was quick.

REMINDER: You too can follow Blast Off! on Twitter ... just click here and get updates on every post and comment instantly. Or, for you gluttons for punishment, follow me personally ... it's fun and it's free!

Labels: , , , ,

<< Home