Same media, different president
You know, I really had high hopes that some of the massive right-wing influence on the mainstream corporate media might have been neutralized, or at the very least lessened, by the advent of a new administration: the Democratic, truth-based, transparent administration of President Obama.
My hopes were dashed today, though, following the first press briefing by new White House press secretary Robert Gibbs, when CNN's White House correspondent Ed Henry and the ubiquitous Leslie "Wolf" Blitzer criticized Gibbs on "The Situation Room" for evading questions. Now, granted, I expect that from the wingnut propaganda outlet and porn site Faux News -- and naturally they didn't let me down -- but the others are piling on, too.
I watched most of the presser, and I actually found Gibbs to be both engaging and informative, certainly far more so than his predecessor,
So, the more things change, the more they stay the same ... guess we'd better buckle up and enjoy the ride.
Labels: CNN, Dana Perino, Ed Henry, Fox News, media, Robert Gibbs, Wolf Blitzer




















<< Home