Tuesday, December 23, 2008

How wingnuts see the world

So my mother is visiting for Christmas. You remember her, the wingnut? I mean, she's not as bad as my aunt, but everything's relative. Heh.

Anyway, despite my best efforts to avoid it, we have ended up discussing politics once or twice. And here's her grudging acceptance -- I guess -- that Barack Obama will be the next president:

I just hope he can keep us safe.

So that's what this is all about? You've bought into the fearmongering and the revisionist history? Who was in charge on 9/11, Mom? Who had a chance to stop bin Laden but thought that "covering [one's] ass" was more important?

You see, Mom, safety is not a Republican concept. It's not even an American concept. Hell, it's a human concept. The Bush crime syndicate failed to "keep us safe" and 9/11 happened. What might have happened if, Jeebus forbid, Huggy Bear had won and money kept flowing to Saudi oil barons and terrorists continued to be encouraged by the American government's ongoing reluctance to stop them?

As I actually told my mom the other day, "it's a good thing the grown-ups will be in charge soon."

Labels: , , , , ,

<< Home