Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Too stupid to breathe: Al Austin

Al Austin (right) is a high-level Republican fundraiser in Tampa. He's also a world-class douchebag.

Check out what he did:

[Austin] sent to his list of political contacts an e-mail containing a joke that refers to the assassination of Barack Obama.

When asked about the e-mail, Austin said it was a mistake and apologized and that he wouldn’t knowingly have circulated it. He said he planned to send an apology and retraction to the same e-mail list.

[...]

Austin acknowledged sending the e-mail to his list of political contacts but said he forwarded it without fully reading it and didn’t know what it said. That list included at least two reporters.

[...]

Austin, a prominent real estate developer long known as one of the state’s leading Republican campaign fundraisers, has served in recent years as finance chairman for both the national and state Republican parties.
Typical GOP "humor," typical GOP response: "it was an accident," like "it's just a joke" or "you're too sensitive." Come on, Al -- own the hatred!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Republicans aren't funny. Period. They just aren't. Their "humor" relies too much on hatred, discrimination, and putting down others to be funny.

I like to think that "I know funny," as I used to say as an old catchphrase of mine. But whether or not I actually know funny, I definitely know too stupid to breathe, and Al Austin clearly fits that category.

(h/t HoneyBearKelly via Twitter)

Labels: , , , ,

<< Home