Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We get e-mail

A week ago, I satirized a wingnut letter to the editor by Richard Charles Antolinez of Port St. Lucie, who claimed that Huggy Bear wasn't extreme-batshit-right enough for him. (Okay, he didn't say that exactly but, in calling Huggy and others like Giuliani "RINOs," he might as well have.)

Well, when I urged Mr. Antolinez not to give up on Huggy so quickly, he apparently missed the sarcastic tone and thought I was really supporting the dessicated, goiter-ridden near-corpse. So, he emailed me yesterday (shown here verbatim):

Subject: You got me wrong.

The Libertarian Candidate Bob Barr is a good choice, I am sorry you think I should vote for McBush like those groups recommend.

These groups are run by political operatives of the current administration.

But, do go ahead and join the log cabin Republicans and vote for McBush.

For me I would prefer not to stay the coarse.

Richard Charles Antolinez
Reading comprehension and spelling obviously are not our friend's strong points.

I replied to Mr. Antolinez to explain that I'd be supporting Barack Obama in the election, thank you very much, but that he was free to vote for Barr in November, since every vote for Barr, especially in Florida, is as good as a vote for Obama. I added that, not being gay nor Republican, I wouldn't be joining the Log Cabin Republicans, but I appreciated the invitation.

Was I too civil?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

<< Home