Monday, August 25, 2008

Catching up: photo goodness from the first two days of Denver

It's taken me so long because I have been so focused on things happening RIGHT NOW, but I think I can get some pictures up now before I head to the Trojan Condom-sponsored event featuring Bill Maher, an event I've affectionately nicknamed the "Condom-Nation."

Multiple choice: Denver International Airport (pictured) looks like:
a. A lemon meringue pie
b. That funky building in Vancouver, B.C.
c. A ship
d. Someone's deranged idea of cutting-edge architecture


Coors Field, Rockies vs. Reds. Nice ballpark, gorgeous day.


Denver skyline from Coors Field.


Denver's iconic Union Station, which MSNBC is using as the backdrop for KO and Tweety.


Inside the Big Tent on Sunday afternoon ... I thought it would be bigger. (If I had an nickel for every time I've heard that ...)


Invesco Field ... sorry -- "Invesco Field at Mile High" -- home of Thursday night's DNC festivities (and the Denver Broncos).


Delegate reception Sunday night at the Colorado Convention Center (CCC).


The College Democrats convention, in the Wells Fargo Theatre of the CCC.


Protestor outside the CCC: sign reads "A Vote for Obama Is A Vote for Dead Children." I disagree, of course, but don't forget that a vote for Huggy Bear is a vote for more dead soldiers. (Trust me, you didn't want to see the right side of the poster.)


Sunday night outside the CCC. More police than protestors, probably by a ratio of three to one.


Nighttime in Larimer Square, downtown Denver.

Okay, I've gotta go ... more pictures (from today) later tonight or in the morning. And, yes, those pictures will be more political in nature. Probably.

Labels: , , , ,

<< Home