Monday, February 4, 2008

Blast Off! Radio today at 2:00 pm Eastern

I got an e-mail yesterday from my Best Republican Friend (who comments around here as "D.P."*), and he apparently is frightened by Hillary Clinton's statement on Face the Nation yesterday that she might recommending "garnishing" (the AP's word, not hers) wages in order to pay for universal medical coverage. So, naturally, I want to talk about health care proposals on the show today. I'll start here by saying that the Right Wing, including the MCM, loves to frame the health care proposal as "garnishment," even though it is the same as "garnishing" wages for Social Security, which has been going on for decades. But, you know, that doesn't fit the wingnuts' twisted perspective ...

Anyway, we'll talk health care, we'll look back at last week's Florida primaries and the aftermath (along with the passage of the property tax amendment), and I have some good news and bad news about gay marriage ... [larry king] and your phone calls [/larry king] ... all coming up today at 2:00 Eastern time:

TIME: 2:00 pm Eastern TODAY
Call in number: (646) 716-7543
AIM: blastoffradio

Talk to you this afternoon ...

UPDATE (2:44 pm 2/4/08): Sorry about the technical difficulties on the show. I should have played music or something during the breaks. Stupid, stupid technology ...

Anyway, the show's been archived for your listening pleasure, and it's also available on the drop-down menu to your left. Enjoy.

* For the record, this "D.P." is different from the "D.P." to whom the Virginia Tech memorial image (left) is dedicated. The two people couldn't be more different ... trust me.

Labels: , , , , ,

<< Home