Monday, October 15, 2007

The comedy writes itself

You may have missed this over the weekend -- I did.

Sen. Larry Craig (R-3rd stall on the right) was inducted into the Idaho Hall of Fame on Saturday.

Craig, who wore a dark blue suit and light blue tie, talked animatedly with family at his table, including his mother and sister. His wife, Suzanne, sat at another table with their children and other family members.

During his acceptance speech, Craig thanked his wife, who he referred to as a "marvelous blond lady."

Also during his speech before the 220-plus member audience, Craig acknowledged the intense news media scrutiny his nomination brought to the event.

"I hope in a very sincere way that the attention brought to me has not lessened the honor you are about to receive tonight," Craig told his fellow Hall of Fame inductees at the $50-a-plate event.
I can only imagine the jokes that went on in the men's room at the Boise Centre on The Grove, where Saturday's ceremony took place.

However, I've been unable to confirm that the entertainment during the ceremony included a tap dancer.

Labels: , ,

<< Home