Friday, August 24, 2007

September 15: it's official

Well, I'm ready to go. Flight is booked, hotel is booked, car is booked.*

September 15, I'll be in Washington, D.C., along with thousands of others who are disgusted with the Bush crime syndicate as well as with the failure of certain Democratic leaders in Congress (I don't want to name names, but the initials of two of them are Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid) to uphold their oaths to protect and defend the Constitution. We're marching to remind Nancy and Harry and the rest of the gang that they can fulfill their constitutional obligations only by demanding an end to the war in Iraq and impeaching the criminals who are responsible.

I have many friends and family members who would tell me that it's a waste of time, that my going to D.C. will have no impact whatsoever on what Nancy and Harry choose to do, let alone on history. But, I got to thinking, what if all of us felt that way? What if we all just let things happen to us, rather than taking the initiative and creating a movement ourselves? Sure, if I don't go, it's no big deal. But then if another person doesn't go, and another and another, well, you see where I'm going with this.

If I'm going to advocate peace and regime change and rant about the criminal behavior of Republicans, then I'd better be willing to put my money -- and time -- where my mouth is.

What about you? Can you afford to spend a few dollars and a couple of days to come to D.C. and make a difference?

Can you afford not to?

(Cross-posted at Pax Americana)

UPDATE (5:50 pm 8/24/07): I am strongly considering getting an aircard and mobile broadband service, which means I'd be able to liveblog basically the entire day: march, rally, after-party ... stay tuned here for updates. And if any reader has mobile broadband, recommendations and advice would be welcome!

* Yes, I know I don't need a car in D.C. ... at least not normally. But my departure time that Sunday is not Metro-friendly ...

Labels: , , ,

<< Home