Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Happy Blogiversary, Blast Off!

Hard to believe it's been three years since this sucky blog got underway. Things were a lot different in 2004, both for me personally and for the country.

We had hope that the Bush crime syndicate's days were numbered. As it turns out, they were -- only they were numbered about 1,461 more than we wanted.

I lived in Brevard County and hadn't yet become jaded by the incredible batshit right-wing culture that permeates that place.

I was still married, and I had only one child.

Jeb! Bush was governor, Tom DeLay was still in Congress, and the "war" in Iraq was only a couple of years old.

Now, 1,248 posts and three years later, we once again are counting the days until the end of the Bush crime syndicate, and we're down to a firm 532. As for me, I now have two wonderful kids (who quite literally saved my life in 2006), and I'm single in south Florida. "Drunky McStagger" can only mean one person. And Blast Off! is a permanent part of the Florida and American progressive blogosphere, having even branched out now to webradio and the MSM.

Actually, because of hiatuses (hiati?) from November 2004 to March 2005 and April 2005 until October 2006, Blast Off! really has been active for only about 16 months. But I hope that I've been able to keep my vow from August 7, 2004, when in a post titled "And so it begins," I said:

Perhaps I can give you, the reader, some perspective, and of course I hope the commentary will be fertile ground for additional opinions and viewpoints. I can't promise miracles, but I'm happy to have my own little space in the blogosphere.
I'm still happy with my slightly bigger space in the blogosphere today.

On and ever upward ...

Labels: ,

<< Home