Blast Off! Radio -- coming soon to an Internet near you!
I'm very pleased to announce the very first Blast Off! spin-off:
Blast Off! Radio premieres on Friday, July 27!
That's right, kids: if you just can't get enough batshit craziness on this sucky blog alone, soon you'll be able to interact with me on a weekly basis (while I interact with you on a weakly basis, I suppose).
Kenneth Quinnell, the founder and Grand Poobah of the Florida Progressive Coalition, has invited me to occupy the host's chair once a week, as Florida Progressive Radio (FPR) adds weekday netcasts to its existing Sundays-only format. I was pleased to accept, since as most of you know, I never miss an opportunity
As if that's not enough, in addition to my regular 15 minutes (of infamy?) on Blast Off! Radio each week, I'll be presenting the "Weekly Schadenfreude" (à la the Daily Schadenfreude here at Blast Off! 1.0) at the close of each hour-long FPR Sunday show (time and Buccaneers games permitting). Think of it as Lewis Black meets Alex Trebek, I guess, but with the specific (and laudable) goal of laughing and pointing at dumbass Republicans. (Hmmm ... that seems redundant ...)
But here's the best part: you don't just have to listen to my sorry ass rant about politics. It's interactive! You can call into the show (the number is (646) 716-7543, if you want to make a note of it now), and I've also established an AIM screen name, blastoffradio, for text messages. So, it's not really my show as much as it is yours.
Okay, so here are all the details (which will be re-posted before each show):
Blast Off! Radio debuts on Friday, July 27 at 12:30 pm Eastern time (use this handy converter to find the local time in your area), and it's available live from the FPR Host Channel. Each show also will be archived, so you can go to the Host Channel and listen anytime ... but for the full experience, listen live!
After the July 27 show, Blast Off! Radio will move to its regular time slot, every Monday (beginning July 30) at 12:30 pm Eastern time (that's around lunchtime for us East Coasters).
The Sunday FPR shows air at 2:00 pm Eastern time, and I'm expecting to be on during the last five minutes or so, like around 2:55. But listen to the whole show -- there will be candidate interviews and call-ins and such ... what more could you want?!
So, remember ... Friday 7/27, 12:30 pm EDT, phone in (646) 716-7543, AIM blastoffradio. (The AIM screen name is active now, so if you want to be a buddy for the show, IM me anytime.) And make sure your computer is bolted down securely ... it's liable to be a bumpy ride!
Labels: Blast Off Radio, Florida Progressive Radio, Kenneth Quinnell




















<< Home