Fear factor
It's sad that every time I hear of some kind of attack, à la the courthouse yesterday, the first thing I think (so long as it's relatively minor) is that Drunky McStagger will use it for political means, to frighten the country.
This one's no different ... breaking news that the U.S. embassy in Athens, Greece has been hit and damaged by a rocket:Thanks for giving Drunky his carte blanche, Chief Golfis. I don't mean to minimize the incident, and I certainly don't have any firsthand information, but calling it "terrorism" right off the bat doesn't seem to be very circumspect. If it's "discovered" that the shooter(s) was/were Iranian, it'll be Katy bar the door.
Police cordoned off streets around the heavily guarded building after the explosion shortly before 6 a.m. The shell struck the third floor and smashed glass in nearby buildings.
Investigators found the device used to fire the rocket shell at a construction site near the embassy.
"This is an act of terrorism. We don't know where from," Attica Police Chief Asimakis Golfis said.
"There was a shell that exploded in the toilets of the building ... It was fired from street level."
Hopefully this will be much ado about nothing, and I'm grateful there were no injuries, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear about this again soon ... like, say, in the State of the Union address.
Labels: Athens, George W. Bush, terrorism




















<< Home