Friday, December 22, 2006

Road blogging: welcome, new readers

I had mixed feelings when I saw that Jesus' General was sending readers here, among other places, whilst his home was being "upgraded" (allegedly) to the new Blogger.

On one hand, naturally I am profoundly honored that one of America's true heroes would recognize this humble corner of the blogosphere in such a way, and I appreciate it very much. On the other hand, this was to be one of the few evenings (other than Mondays, when I rehearse) when I planned to be away from the keyboard, as I have a four-hour round-trip drive to visit Sinfonian Jr. and Jrette. and bring Jr. back for the weekend.

So, in an effort to avoid seeming ungrateful, I'm roadblogging, to welcome new visitors to Blast Off! and, time permitting, perhaps to give you a little primer on the interesting and surely unique history of this endeavor.

Now when I say I'm roadblogging, I mean that literally. I know it's probably not the safest thing to do (Have you ever posted to your blog on a Blackberry? With one hand? While doing 80 on I-95 near Port St. Lucie, Florida? Neither had I ... until now.), but I'm glad you're here and I wouldn't want you to go away empty-handed.

Well, let's see if this e-mail posting works, and I'll catch up with you in a few miles ...

UPDATE (10:16 pm 12/22/06): I'm home. Glitches fixed.

Labels: , ,

<< Home