Thursday, October 19, 2006

Davis still trails in latest polling

Although Jim Davis has managed to close the gap a bit, Charlie Crist still leads the Florida gubernatorial race by 11 points, according to the latest poll released yesterday.

It's a healthy lead, but slightly narrower than the 15-point margin Crist enjoyed in the poll last month.

Since that poll, Davis has started running TV ads so many voters have gotten more acquainted with him.

Still, Crist ads outnumber the Davis spots 3-1 on NBC 6 [in Miami] and most television stations across the state.
When I met Rep. Davis a few weeks ago, I learned that there was going to be more of a television presence for him in the weeks leading up to the election. There simply hasn't been enough money, though, and the wealthier Crist campaign has been bombarding the airwaves with ads.

Unfortunately, while I truly believe Davis would win the election on the issues, this race, like so many before it, may well come down to two co-dependent things: money and name recognition.

Take a moment to help Jim Davis close the gap even further.

Labels: , , ,

<< Home