Coming full circle
I have an announcement to make: Blast Off! is undergoing another change of location. Or, to be more precise, I am.
Finding it difficult to secure gainful employment in my desired locales (greater Orlando, the Tampa Bay area, or south Florida in particular) while residing all the way up in Taintville™ (the honorary capital, naturally, of America's Taint™) and, more importantly, finding it increasingly difficult to handle being 520 miles from my children (not to mention the rigor and expense of the 1,000-mile-plus round trips to see them a couple of times a month), I have decided to move, at least temporarily, back to central Florida -- or, in Blast Off! parlance, about mid-Wang™.
In fact, in the grandest spirit of "never say never" -- a phrase with which I have become all too familiar -- I actually am moving back for the time being to the place where it all started: Brevard County. Yes, it was there that Blast Off! got its start and, indeed, from which it got its name, as I sorely needed to "blast off" at the crazy wingnuttery in which I was immersed there from 2004 to 2006. I once swore I'd never live in Brevard again -- nothing against the sane people there, but merely a recognition that sanity unfortunately is scarce there. But, as noted above: never say never.
(Truth be told, in hindsight, I would be hard-pressed to ascertain whether Brevard County is more or less wingnutty than northwest Florida. I guess ultimately they're about equally wingnutty -- which is to say a lot -- but the character of the wingnuttiness differs, with northwest Florida being somewhat more fundie Christianist wingnutty than Brevard. It's true that both, though, have a heaping helping of militarist wingnut ... but I digress.)
Anyway, as a result, blogging and radio-ing will be somewhat sporadic for the next week or two as I get settled. I also should add for anyone concerned that my beloved Miss July supports my decision completely, which is a big load off of my mind, and of course I'll continue to be a regular visitor to greater Taintville™ to see her and the many other friends that I've had the good fortune to get to know during my all-too-brief sojourn here in The Land That Time Forgot.
But, as of next Sunday, it will be farewell to America's Taint™ for me and hello again to the birthplace of Blast Off! (well, at least until someone hires me). As always, though, if anyone is looking for an experienced and accomplished attorney/fundraiser/commentator/curmudgeon ... well, you know where to find me.
Labels: Brevard County, meta, Miss July, Pensacola, personal, wingnuts




















<< Home