Tea Party II: Emetic Boogaloo
Sure, they have no substance, no traction, and this time, no publicity to speak of. Besides, I thought they were waiting till July 4, or maybe September 12, to crawl back out from under their rocks. But it turns out the Teabaggers' Balls are still swinging along.
I am so ignorant. So very, very ignorant. When I launched this blog about a week before the April 15 nationwide teabagging extravaganza, I thought it wouldn’t last the month. I thought when the (tea) party was over, the Paultards, secessionists, TCOTites, Santellianos, etc would all go scurrying back into their burrows and find some other shiny object to amuse themselves with.Stephanie at Teablogging goes on to list a number of additional "tea parties" planned for across the country ... and right there on that list is my very own temporary hometown, Pensacola, Fla.! Yes, apparently there's another one of these futile demonstrations right here in America's Taint™ on May 25, which is ... next Monday. (Hmmm ... live broadcast of Blast Off! Radio? Heh heh ...)
I was so, so wrong.
I wonder if they remember their last tea party? Evidently they didn't learn their lesson last time. Or maybe they did: what are the odds they'll do "open mic nite" this time? Stay tuned for next Monday ...
UPDATE (9:22 am 5/19/09): In case it's not clear, I'm not saying I'm actually going to attend this new Pensacola tea party. I mean, what's the point? On Memorial Day, I'd rather be hanging out at the beach with Miss July or enjoying the holiday elsewhere (or preparing my bar exam application -- ugh!) than watch a bunch of ignoramuses protesting something that (1) they don't understand, and (2) doesn't even affect the vast majority of them.
Besides, if they draw as many as 20 attendees, I'll be surprised.
Labels: Pensacola, personal, tea parties, Teablogging




















<< Home