Obama is coming to town ... again
Wow. Good thing I got to see Barack Obama in person and meet him when he was in the area in May ... because I'm out of luck for this go-round.
I was out of town last night and didn't return until nearly noon today, so I didn't even know until early this afternoon that Obama would be visiting Palm Beach Community College tomorrow ... and by that time, tickets were long gone.
Hundreds got in line this morning in Boynton Beach and at Lake Lytal Park in suburban West Palm Beach after the Barack Obama campaign made tickets available for the U.S. senator and presidential candidate's rally tomorrow at Palm Beach Community College's main campus.I'd received a Twitter message from the Palm Beach Post at 12:17 pm today saying that tickets for the Obama appearance still were available in downtown Boynton Beach. I raced to my car and was at the Civic Center just 13 minutes later, only to find signs posted stating that all Obama tickets were gone.
Organizers didn't want to just hand out tickets; they had each person sign in and get a pitch about voting early or volunteering.
That slowed things down and the crowd swelled. Tickets at both locations ran out in 20 minutes.
The good thing is, of course, that there is such great demand to hear Sen. Obama speak. After all, it's not often that you get to hear directly from the next president of the United States.
Labels: Barack Obama, Boynton Beach, Palm Beach Community College, Palm Beach Post, personal




















<< Home