Playing catch-up on DNC photos: Thursday at Invesco
Still trying to get all the pictures and videos posted. Evidently I was brain-dead earlier on Thursday, because the only photos I took were from Invesco. But here are some more goodies for ya ...
Attendees arrived in endless serpentine lines that went on for hours, like this one on the west side of the stadium around 4:30 pm local time.
The Denver skyline rose majestically to the east of Invesco, without even a hint of the rain for which James Dobson's minions prayed so fervently. I guess it only rains on Republicans' parties ...Everyone bearing a "community credential" had this unique holographic "ticket," the two views of which are shown here.
Stevie Wonder performs on the big screen, with the iconic bucking bronco, formerly resident at the old Mile High Stadium, representing the home of the Denver Broncos. Note the snipers on top of the scoreboard.
Advertising signs were covered with black tarps or curtains, and the lighted signs around Invesco, like these, displayed appropriate messages depending on the speaker or the topic. We're between acts/speakers here, so we get the standard Obama/Biden tagline.
This was the perspective on the podium from where I sat. Here, Al Gore speaks and shows us his back and the top of his head -- unintentionally, one presumes.
Although the ads were covered up, the Broncos Ring of Fame was still visible ... so while he never played in this stadium (having retired before it opened in 2001), everyone knew whose house it was.
Each attendee received a small American flag, and there was one huge flag given out in each section as well, for waving when Sen. Obama spoke. It made for quite a spectacle, even from where I sat.I think one more set of pictures ought to do it ... and I have a couple of videos that you might find interesting, too. Stay tuned ...
Labels: Al Gore, Barack Obama, Broncos, DNC liveblogging, Invesco Field, John Elway, personal, Stevie Wonder























<< Home