Flag removal leads to threats
What is it about wingnuts that makes them think it's acceptable to threaten someone who doesn't agree with them?
This week in DeLand, Fla., a Baptist minister received threatening notes after he removed an American flag from his church's sanctuary.
DeLand police Lt. Pete Moon says investigators are examining at least three notes sent to Rev. Sean Oliver Allen.You might think the notes are just a prank ... but I've lived in DeLand. My son was born there. I know from firsthand experience that there is a particularly vehement brand of wingnuttery in that area, and so the story really doesn't surprise me at all ... although the fact that the victim of the threats is a Baptist minister seems a tad, well, irregular, at least from the wingnut perspective.
Allen has taken a leave of absence from First Baptist Church of DeLand, the church he came to came in September. Education Pastor John Long says Allen opted to take the leave after receiving a note at his home.
According to a police report, the note read, "Resign this Sunday or else."
But, you know, if you remove a flag from a church sanctuary, then you must hate America and the terrorists win. Damn, sometimes I wish I were that simple and dense. It must be so much easier to, you know, not think about anything.
Labels: DeLand, flag, Sean Oliver Allen, wingnuts




















<< Home