Blast Off! Radio: Well, it could have been worse
The dreaded technical difficulties ...
It turns out I didn't have the proper login information to handle callers, although I could host the show just fine. Using AIM (blastoffradio) helped, and thank you to Virginia, Dianna, and Wes for participating that way. I know others listened, and I appreciate it very much!
The music at the start is set in advance ... I can change it, but since it's a Florida Progressive Radio theme rather than my own, I'd rather not mess with it. So, now I know there's 30 seconds of it, and I'll be prepared.
The volume issues are a problem with the whole service, not just my show. I guess once I started speaking louder (now I know!), it was better, but it's still going to be a problem. Evidently the folks at BlogTalkRadio are going to revise the platform, which may alleviate some of the problems. In the meantime, I'll just speak up, and turn up your volume, I guess. :)
And if you thought the feed cut off in the middle, well, no ... I just kept talking right through my allotted 15 minutes. Wow, that time went fast! Kenneth Quinnell, the head of the Florida Progressive Coalition, has been kind enough to give me 30 minutes starting with my show next Monday. I've got all the info I need to take callers (at (646) 716-7543) and the AIM and e-mail links definitely work.
So, tune in on Monday at 12:30 pm Eastern for a full half-hour show ... and don't forget the FPR Sunday show at 2:00 pm Eastern ... my
Blast Off! Radio returns Monday!
Labels: Blast Off Radio, Florida Progressive Radio, Kenneth Quinnell




















<< Home