Pelosi liveblogging: Epilogue (A Quinn Martin Production)
Okay, I'm finally home, it's late, and I'm wiped out. But first, a few final thoughts and observations from a tremendously exciting and invigorating day:
- After I'd finally completed uploading all the pictures and re-formatting all the liveblogging, I was on my way out of the hotel when I encountered many of the other blogger types, on the other side of the lobby from where I'd been ensconced, merrily going on with their "pajama party." I was bummed that I'd missed much of the "party," but I became positively disconsolate when they told me that Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, my congressional crush, had just been hanging out with them for a few minutes on her way out the door! They got pictures with her and everything!
Oh, I imagine I'll get over it ... but I was so close ...
[Note to Rep. Schultz's husband: I'm kidding, man. I'm totally not stalking your wife. I mean, yeah, maybe I do have a crush on her, but I'm harmless, really. Seriously. Ask anyone. Defensive? What do you mean? I'm not being defensive. You're being defensive. Oh, never mind.] - Looking back, I kind of wished I'd asked Rep. Pelosi about her decision right after last fall's election to take impeachment off the table. I felt it was the wrong decision then and I still do. It would have been interesting to hear her answer. But, unfortunately, I was too busy being jostled about in the scrum to get her picture to remember to ask her a question.
- On the way home, I was flipping through the preset stations on my car radio, and two of them were playing the same song at the same exact time. Yeah, I know that happens periodically, but when was the last time you heard Modern English's Melt With You on two stations simultaneously? Weird.
- I'm pretty blogged out now, so I might just take tomorrow (well, by now I guess it's today) off. Hopefully readers will enjoy the liveblogging as a review of Saturday's events, and the pictures are there for viewing and sharing (and photoshopping, if you're feeling feisty). I'll tag all the posts with "Pelosi liveblogging" and put a permanent link on the sidebar, too.
Labels: Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Modern English, Nancy Pelosi, Pelosi liveblogging, personal




















<< Home