NOLA
I'm very pleased and honored to be joining Athenae and scout prime of First Draft, among others, in a couple of weeks for the First Draft Krewe's trip to New Orleans. We'll be socializing, sure, but the main reason for going is to perform some hurricane relief work -- we'll be gutting a house in (I believe) the Lower Ninth Ward.New Orleans is a city that I find for many reasons a special, deeply emotional place. It's hard to explain here, but for me, it's a city of romance and music, of culture and cuisine, of friends and lovers, and it remains my favorite city in the world to visit.
However, I haven't been there since Katrina. I've felt a strong yearning to do something, more than just write a check to a relief organization or rant about the appalling lack of response and respect shown to NOLA by the Bush maladministration. Now, thanks to First Draft, I have a chance to do something that, although it's only a tiny bit of what needs to be done, means the world to me.
If you're free March 30-April 1 and want to join us, let me know, or visit the webpage. You'll get in touch with the right people either way.
Labels: New Orleans, personal




















<< Home